Friday, July 12, 2013

Open When... You are Sick or In Pain

When you are physically sick, tired, or in despair, steer your thoughts away from yourself and direct them, in gratitude and love, toward God.


Much of your pain is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self.

My Dear Hermana HW,
It is a very hard thing to be in pain or sick while on a mission. I understand that. For me, it was hard because I could not communicate my pain to anybody. It was not visible and many thought I was faking it. But when you walk around town crying because of the pain people should really be able to figure it out…. Anyway, I understand how you feel. I understand what it is like to want so badly to go out and work, but to also desire a day of rest. I understand the feeling of guilt when your companion has to stay at home with you because you are sick and they can’t go alone. I understand. But even better than me understanding, your brother, Jesus Christ, understands. He loves you. He loves you so much, He actually felt your pain.
I hope you feel better soon. But until then, do all you can to heal quickly. Get a priesthood blessing. Pray a lot. Sleep if you have to. Take medicine. Do whatever you have to do to get feeling better quickly. You are a strong person. You can pull through this temporary discomfort. Remember Job, who was covered in sores and boils. He never lost faith, and in the end he was blessed even more for his faithfulness through his trials; as you will be for your service.
Keep the faith! DyC 121:6-8
I love you!
Heather  

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place.

“The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead. It will extend your life and make the lives of all those around you more enjoyable.”
–Joseph B. Worthlin

“We should not complain about our own life’s not being a rose garden when we remember who wore the crown of thorns.”

–Neal A. Maxwell

1 comment: